Thursday, August 16, 2007

My Favorite Cub Scout

I've been so proud of my son, Cameron, and all that he has accomplished in the year that he's been a cub scout. He actually didn't join scouting until last September and has already earned 12 pins, 24 belt loops and numerous patches! It hasn't been all about the awards, but about the new things he has learned and the many adventures he has had. Cameron has tried things that I never even imagined him trying and he's putting his heart into it. It's been an amazing thing for me to watch. He's really grown in the past year and I think scouts has a lot to do with it.

He has been fishing, canoeing, paint-balling, learned archery, how to tie knots, how to make fire, set up tents, and the list goes on and on. Scouting has not only taught him many, many skills, but it has also taught him how to be a good friend, a loyal citizen and a trustworthy young man. The experiences he has had in the past year will last him a lifetime and this is only the beginning of the scouting adventure. He will continue on to Boy Scouts in February and then it's up to Cameron to decide what he wants to do with scouting. Hopefully he will stick it out to become an Eagle Scout, but even if he doesn't, I'm very proud of the things I've seen him accomplish and the young man he is becoming.

1 comment:

Cat said...

Oh wow, he's done a lot of stuff! I'm glad he's having such a fun time!