Thursday, September 06, 2007

Preschool Time!

Madison had her first day of preschool today. She couldn't wait to go!! She kept saying, "Is it time to go, mommy?" all morning and was smiling from ear-to-ear when I finally said, "Yes, Madison!" I took a couple of pictures of her before we left home and, as you can tell, she was all grins. When we pulled up to the house where preschool was being held today, she couldn't wait to get out of the car. She grabbed her backpack and scooted up the driveway before I could even shut the door.

Once inside, she started playing with all the other kids and seemed to be having a great time. When it was time to sit down for "circle time" she hurried to her spot and sat down. It was fun to see. The mommies stayed for a little while to introduce their kids and for them to get comfortable with being there. Then about a half an hour later, the mommies were to leave. This was a hard time for most of the preschoolers. Madison, though, just looked at me and said, "Bye, mom." So, my little Madison is now a preschooler and I am left with a couple of extra hours a week to myself. She has fun and learns, I have a little bit of quiet. I can't wait to go pick her up and see how see liked her first day of preschool. Hopefully all will be well and she'll be just as happy to go again next week!

No comments: