Wednesday, September 05, 2007

First Day of School

Well, today is the first day of school and I have to admit that it was a little harder to see them off than any other year before. I can't believe that Chelsea is in first grade and is going to be gone all day. It was very heartwarming, however, to see both Cameron and Chelsea get on the bus and for them to sit together. How sweet is that! I started to get tears in my eyes as the bus pulled away, knowing that my days of having my two girls home with me all day are no more. It was a bittersweet moment for I know that Chelsea is more than ready for first grade and that she will have a great school year. I also can't believe that Cameron is in fifth grade! That one kind of blows my mind. Where did the time go? I distinctly remember my fifth grade teacher and everything about that year. I'm really excited for him and I'm praying that he meets a lot of great people this year.

So, my older two are off to school and now it's just Madison and me. It will make going to the grocery store much easier, but I know I'm definitely going to miss the noise and laughter of Cameron and Chelsea. It's funny how you think that it's going to be great when they go off to sch
ool. You will have more time to get things done, it won't be so chaotic in the house, etc. But once they're gone, it's rather quiet and lonely. I'll tell you one thing, I can't wait until they get home and I can once again hear their happy voices and see their smiling faces. When I see that bus turn the corner toward home, I will jump for joy and bug them for every detail of their school day.

No comments: