Saturday, November 24, 2007

Being Thankful

Throughout this past week and through the Thanksgiving weekend, I've really been trying to focus on being truly thankful for all that God has blessed me with. I know that it seems a little cliche to talk about being thankful at Thanksgiving, but I truly am thankful for so many things.

First off, God has blessed me with a magnificent husband. Tony is one in a million and is so wonderful in so many ways. He works hard so that I can stay home to raise the kids and he loves and supports me in everything I do. He truly is a gift from God. My kids are also at the top of my list. They light up my life and show me so much about the world around me. They are constantly inquisitive and make me think about things that I've never or seldom think about. I treasure everything about them. They are unique and special in lots of ways, but I love to see their hearts and their love of God and people around them. I am thankful for my friends, both near and far. I have been so blessed by such wonderful friends who both love and challenge me to be a better friend, better mom, better wife, better Christian, etc. I'm thankful for where I live and that I live in a place that so often shows me God's beauty.

I'm also very thankful for all of my extended family. I've had the great opportunity to have so much of my family come out and visit this past year and we've really had some really wonderful times. Their have been a lot of terrific conversations and great healing that has come from that. I am so incredibly grateful for all these experiences and am so happy to have such a remarkable family.


So, my prayer over this Thanksgiving weekend is that I can remember to be thankful for all the blessings in my life not just now, but throughout the days, weeks, months, years to come. Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
“Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.” Psalm 107:1

No comments: